Saturday, October 9, 2010

Summary Post Teacher # 2



I was assigned to read Martha Yim’s Blog called the Parent’s View. I read the post “Waiting for Superman” which is about a new documentary coming out that really exposes some hard truths about the education system. Martha first learned about this documentary from Oprah who did a special on it. I immediately went to watch the preview to this movie and researched if it was coming to a theater near us. However, as far as I could tell this documentary is not playing here. I contacted the Crescent Theater here in Mobile to inform the owner that I have a suggestion for a movie to be played. I received an Email from the owner thanking me for my suggestion and stating that the movie most likely will be played there. I commented to this post that I had signed up to get this movie here and hopefully helped the chances of getting it here by emailing the Independent theater. However, when I went back to review my comment I didn’t see it. I am not sure if this is because I didn’t post it. Regardless, I am very happy I read her post because I may not have known about this movie to watch. I think this film could be very important towards helping schools get the attention needed. I hope all of you go see this movie in the theater as well! Spread the word please!

No comments:

Post a Comment