Sunday, October 3, 2010

Comments 4 Kids #1 & 2 Summary Post


I was assigned to comment on Zachery’s posts which told me about his interests and his inspiration and goals for his future. Zachery is 13 years old and goes to Noel Elementary. In his “About Me” post I got to know a little bit about Zachery and found that we have some common interests. However, we have had very different experiences when it comes to our math education. I commented to Zachery that he is very lucky to have a good math teacher because it can make a major difference. I told him that much later in life I learned to love math because I started to believe in myself and think of each problem as a little game. Zachery found getting his school work done the most challenging and I commented that I at times have a similar problem which was the result of not managing my time well.

Zachery’s manifesto post was inspiring and I wished I could do the things he plans to do as well. I told him that he should print out his manifesto or write it on a dry erase board so that he can be reminded of it every day. I told him this because I often have great realizations but forget to implement those ideas day to day. Having it on my wall or somewhere that I see it every day helps remind me. I also commented that everything he does in school is important and will determine his future success. I told him that having a dream like being a chef is so important and can be used as an inspiration to do all his homework. I concluded by advising him to just take it day to day and keep his purpose and inspiration in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment